Pages

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Spiced Holiday Cookies

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! We did and we're not even done yet! When our older boys come home from their Christmas break we have more gifts to open. 

Back to the matter at hand.

Everything I gave as gifts was homemade with one exception: my husband's gift.  I made homemade Playdough for kids and for the adult I made these delish cookies.  Check out the video below for the tutorial.  However, if you're not into that you can just skip it and copy the recipe below that. =)
I hope you give the recipe a try and let me know how you like them. =)



Don't they look awesome?!  They were a definite hit!

McCormick Spiced Holiday Sugar Cookies
2 1/3 C flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/4 C sugar
1 C (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 egg
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
Instructions
1. Mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. 
2. Beat sugar and butter in large bowl until light and fluffy.
3. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. 
4. Gradually beat in flour until well mixed. 
5. Refrigerate 2 hours or overnight until firm.
6. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
7. Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to 1/8 inch thickness.
8. Cut out shapes with cookie cutters and place on greased baking sheets.
9. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
10. Cool on baking sheet for 1 min then transfer cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
11. Decorate with cookie icing. (Optional)
Cookie Icing
1 C confectioners (powdered) sugar
2 tsp milk
2 tsp light corn syrup
1/4 tsp almond extract (or other extract)
food coloring
Instructions
1. Mix all ingredients until smooth
2. Decorate cookies.

If you're interested in what cameras I use to record you can check them out with the below links.
Camcorder I use: http://amzn.to/VMznsw
Camera I use: http://amzn.to/UAL4Xw

I would love to connect on other sites. You can find me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, and of course, here on my blog.

If you would like to share your instagram pics with me feel free to include this hashtag: #everdaycrazyvlog in your caption. =)

Have a beautiful and safe New Years Eve. 

Many blessing over you and your family over the next year!




Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment