Pages

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

DIY Face Solution

My husband get razor bumps and ingrown hairs every time he shaves. Because of this we have spent quite a bit on Tend Skin. It comes in a blue bottle and helps with ingrown hairs and razor bumps. It works very well, but keeps getting more and more expensive. I checked the price on sephora.com  a few days ago and a 2.5 oz bottle costs $17!! That's before shipping and tax! That teeny bottle only last him about a week. The yearly cost  would be $884 not including tax or shipping! Crazy huh?  

While I was searching for the price I came across a homemade recipe comparable to Tend Skin. I already had the ingredients on hand so I tried it out.  It works just as good for my husband and I use it as well for breakouts. We both use it twice a day and will NEVER buy another bottle of Tend Skin again!

This video is my 2nd batch, take a glance...


Recipe 

Solution 1
18 Aspirin tablets, crushed
5 oz Rubbing Alcohol

Solution 2
8 Aspirin tablets, crushed
2.5 oz Witch Hazel

Mix the two solutions.
Shake before each use.

Price Breakdown

Tend Skin 2.5oz $17 ($884/year)
Homemade 48oz $10.06/year

One 180 ct CVS Aspirin $.99
Two 16 oz CVS Rubbing Alcohol $2.19 each = $4.39
One 16 oz CVS Witch Hazel $4.69

TOTAL: $10.06

This is enough to make 6 batches, 7.5 oz each, total 45 oz.
Each batch will last one person using it twice a day for 2 months.

So $10.06 for an entire years worth of your homemade product.

That's an $874 savings per year, 99%!!

PLUS, you can always get aspirin on sale with coupons to save even more! 

SWEET! =)





Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment